Wizards of the Coast has announced its upcoming plans and releases designed to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Magic: The Gathering.
Highlights include the following releases:
- Players will be able to brave the Unknown as they venture to the new world of Ixalan, where all that’s known so far is that Pirate Vraska battles Dinosaurs. Ixalan releases September 29.
- On January 19, 2018, the second set in Ixalan block releases with Rivals of Ixalan.
- Explorers of Ixalan is an out-of-the-box multiplayer Magic experience that challenges players to defeat opponents along the way as they search for the lost city. Releases November 24, 2017.
- The Art of Magic: The Gathering—Ixalan will be available January 2, 2018. Players set sail for the uncharted jungles of Ixalan, where dangerous beasts, magnificent ruins, and lost treasures lie waiting to be discovered. They can saddle up Dinosaur mounts and brave the unknown as they search the plane for a prize forgotten by history … until now!
- Duel Decks: Merfolk vs. Goblins, which releases November 10, 2017, pits two of the most recognizable tribes in the history of Magic against one another with two ready-to-play 60-card decks — the reckless and wily Goblins and the graceful and cunning Merfolk.
- From the Vault: Transform takes the From the Vault series and flips it. From the Vault: Transform, which releases November 24, 2017, collects fifteen transforming cards, each with its own story to tell.
- On April 28, 2018, Wizards of the Coast returns to Dominaria with our next large set!
- As part of our celebration of the company’s 25th anniversary, look for a 25th anniversary–edition Masters set on March 16, 2018. The product will contain 249 cards from across Magic's entire history and will provide a drafting experience like previous Masters products. Available in English, Japanese, and Simplified Chinese.
- On July 20, 2018, Wizards of the Coast will once again introduce core sets back into Magic with tweaks to the formula prepared and more information to come.
- Return to the wacky world of silver-bordered cards when Unstable releases December 8, 2017.
The company will officially kick off its 25th anniversary celebration at HASCON in Providence, Rhode Island, September 8-10, 2017. That event will be filled with games, previews of upcoming products, and fun events—including an early prerelease for Iconic Masters that will be the world's first look at that set.